Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

world cup

I confess, I am not yet a fan of soccer.  Having never played a team sport, I don’t understand much about them.  In the past few years, I have started watching basketball and football, and nearly winning in my very first fantasy football league.  This year, I am focusing all my sports attention on soccer!  Yesterday I watched my first game of this World Cup season: Brazil v. Ivory Coast.  What better way to kick off the quest for soccer knowledge than to watch this exciting game with Brazilian friends…in an Irish pub!  We celebrated the solid 3:1 victory by making lots of noise (of course we brought a pandero, didn’t you bring yours?), and having an impromptu capoeira lesson. 

P6190003

Friends, I have much to learn about soccer.  Educate me.  What is your favorite team and why?  Currently my favorite is, of course, the Brazilian team, partially because Kaka is dreamy.

Off to the airport I go.  Safe travels to all my friends going on vacation.  Lindau fellows – see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment