Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

#24 Learn to use a DSLR camera

P6132810

I envy those who see the world through artistic eyes.  I, on the other hand, am far more analytical than creative, as one would expect of a scientist-in-training.  But I am willing to learn.  When I decided to learn to use a DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera, I intended to purchase one.  Being on a student budget, it was almost never going to happen.  Fortunately, my wonderfully generous parents loaned/gifted me their Olympus E500.  After spending an entire weekend reading the manual and practicing photography skills, I am beginning to understand the basic operations of this camera.  Though I am far from mastering these skills, I think it’s fair to cross off #24.

I love this camera. It is not high end for a DSLR, but it is perfect for me.  The body is quite small—how fitting, since I have “freakishly small” hands “like a 5-year-old,” according to several observant and blunt friends.  My point-and-shoot is also an Olympus, so I am already familiar with the set-up.  And it has all the functions/lens that a beginner like myself would possibly want.

Expect improved photographs for future posts. But for now, here’s me pretending to be a pro.  Fake it til you make it, right?

P6110049 P6120114 P6110080

No comments:

Post a Comment